Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) Registry
Use the CEWS registry below to search for employers who have received or will soon receive the CEWS. To protect the privacy of individuals, only corporations and registered charities will be disclosed. Partnerships, sole proprietors, or trusts that are not registered charities will not be disclosed.
Information for employees
If you have reason to believe a CEWS applicant is misusing the subsidy, you can report suspicious activities to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) by submitting a lead to the Leads ProgramNote: this link will load in another window or tab.
CEWS registry information
- The CEWS registry allows you to search the legal name, operating/trade name or business number of a corporation or a registered charity that has been approved for the CEWS.
- If a corporation or a registered charity has applied for and has received or will soon receive the CEWS, its legal name and operating/trade name will appear in the search results. The business number will not be visible, even if it was entered in the search.
- The CRA will update the CEWS registry daily with corporations and registered charities that have been approved for the subsidy.
- Due to processing times, CEWS repayments may require additional time to be reflected in the CEWS registry.
- The CEWS registry ONLY includes corporations and registered charities.
- The CEWS registry does not include the amount received by an employer, nor the periods for which it received the subsidy.
- An employer in receipt of the CEWS is not obligated to re-hire workers that have been laid off. Employers can decide to apply for the CEWS in respect of only a portion of its workforce depending on their operational needs.
- The CEWS registry will change over time as applications are received, cancelled or withdrawn, as the CRA determines that some recipients are ineligible upon further review and as feedback on the tool is received.
- The legal authority to use information for the purposes of the CEWS registry is found in Subsection 241(3.5) of the Income Tax ActNote: this link will load in another window or tab which was enacted in Bill C-14, COVID-19 Emergency Response Act, No. 2.
- COVID-19 benefits and servicesNote: this link will load in another window or tab
- Canada Emergency Wage SubsidyNote: this link will load in another window or tab
- CEWS eligible employer attestationNote: this link will load in another window or tab
- CEWS FAQsNote: this link will load in another window or tab
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS)Note: this link will load in another window or tab
- Screen ID: